July 28, 2010

Humbuckers? Single coils?

I've been researching pickups all day!

I want to make my own. StewMac has kits for it, but, again, I want to do it myself. That's no reason I cant use their wonderful diagrams to build my own, though, is it?

I would like to put P90 sized humbuckers in the Jazzmaster/Jaguar guy. I think it would be really neat. So I'll need to figure that out. Utilizing StewMac and TV Jones...I think it is possible. Granted, I am not going to be able to count my winds, as I plan to use a drill for winding. Maybe I can figure out how to rig up a simple counter to it, but I'm going to doubt it. We have some of those distance measuring wheels at the school....maybe I could appropriate one.

But I know it is possible to have p90buckers...look at these offerings from TV Jones.


They look fantastic in cream! (I think if I make mine I might make wood covers out of something pretty....)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do not leave anonymous comments. Type in your name, or even better, become a follower!